Monday, March 17, 2014

The Anatomy of the perfect spring look

 
So even though snow is still in our forecast (and is literally snowing as I type this) I wanted to give a quick 10 step list to having the perfect spring look. This list can be used to put together any outfit it’s just a simple guideline to figuring out the "anatomy" of your perfect look. Also all of these pieces aren’t specifically supposed to be worn together. Personally I don’t ever try to match so I would wear all of these items together. Hope this is helpful!



1. I know its spring but you still need a jacket from time to time. Transition that fall bomber jacket into your spring wardrobe and layer it over your favorite blouse.

2. A nice gold watch is a staple in anyone’s wardrobe so this is an accessory you should be wearing year round. Casio’s never go out of style and can be purchased at your nearest American Apparel.

3. So if you know me you know EOS lip balm is literally my savior. I’ve been using it for about a year and will never go back to Chapstick again. You'll always need lip balm so why not use the best on the market! (Dragonfruit is the best flavor by the way).

4. Fun shorts are something that I cannot wait to wear this season. I’ve already gotten a few pairs in the past year and look forward to adding to my collection. If you find your perfect printed short don’t wear a matching top. Contrast it with another print on top. Trust me!

5. And following the printed shorts are printed tops. What I love about printed tops is how you can mix and match them with so many other pieces you already have. You can dress them up or down. I guarantee you can wear a printed top you already have in your closet 3 ways you’ve never tried.

6. I never thought there would come a time that I would want a platform sandal but this season I must have a pair! I’m not talking about a huge platform either, a very slight yet discreet one. These Tildon ones are super comfortable and have a chic, Japanese aesthetic to them.

7. Sunglasses are a must during any warm season but colored tinted lenses are the move this season! These yellow aviators are my favorite but I’m on the hunt for a pink and blue pair!

8. Straw hats are usually set aside for a day at the beach or a tropical vacation but I plan on rocking one as soon as the weather breaks. You can’t just get any straw hat. A wider brim has more of an appeal. In other words NO FEDORAS EVER!

9. Butter nail polish has become one of my favorite brands! Now that I am no longer an employee at Nordstrom who knows how much I’ll purchase them though. A nude nail is always appropriate and since I plan to wear a lot of prints this season I’ll be keeping my mani's and pedi's very simple and chic.

10. And last but least HANDBAGS! When the weather breaks I plan on doing a lot of outdoor activities so a satchel bag is a must! There is nothing more annoying than lugging around a huge purse on an outdoor adventure. Keep it cute and small as far as handbags go.

 

Hope this list gave you some inspiration for your spring looks!

 

 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig