Friday, October 10, 2014

art galleries and such...


Hello beautiful people! I hope you enjoyed your week and at least accomplished one thing on your to do list. This was a cool week for me; I’ve been working hard and doing tons of research on how to make my blog better and more appealing. This week for the first time I can honestly say I started to see my own greatness. We all have moments were we feel discouraged and aren’t sure if we can make the things happen that we want to. I was going through one of those ruts. I was feeling stuck and not sure what to do to get myself where I need to be, but with my amazing friends and family and just some good ole alone time I got my head straight. I’ve come to realize that no one really has the answers to success. You just have to whole heartily BELIEVE in your vision and stay in you lane, to me that’s the remedy to success. The more time you spend loathing and being a VIP at your own pity party you’re losing golden opportunities to meet amazing people, gain inspiration and work on bettering your craft and yourself. So I choose to focus on my strengths and continue to grow as a woman and human being.


So anyway this post is not so much geared towards my look (although I did look cute) but more so towards my amazing day spent in DC. My boyfriend and I decided to have a small “get-away” for the weekend and stayed in the DC Capitol area. We had dinner in Chinatown at MatchBox which was amazing, try the mini burgers, but our whole motive was to go to some museums. We ended up staying in a hotel literally 5 mins away from all the museums we wanted to visit which was great. We first went to the National Gallery of Art. Now I’ve been to museums but this was like no other. We got to see an original Da Vinci and I can honestly say I have a new appreciation for marble sculptures.
I wore H&M overalls and Henley l/s tee paired with a flannel around my waist and Dolce Vita slip-on’s. I wanted to be cute but defiantly comfortable. I also wore a burgundy bomber jacket but got way too hot to keep it on in the museum.  Hope you got a little bit of inspo! Visit a museum before the year is out; it’s a break from the usual things to do.

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig