Monday, November 17, 2014

birhgt & bold

So it’s the gloomiest, rainy morning I’ve seen in a while and where am I? At my desk with this stupid headset on taking calls after call. It could be the rain or the fact that it’s another day taking another call from a rude customer but I’m not feeling it. At any rate coffee is imperative today. But I don’t want complaining about my mundane job the mantra today, I’m thankful to have a job for the time being. Any who I had a cool weekend, worked at Nordstrom on Saturday and made some money but I had some crazy mood swings, that usually happens about 2 weeks prior to my period but they were wayyyy crazy this weekend, like I even felt extra crazy so I can imagine what my boyfriend was feeling since he was receiving the brunt of it. When I go through moods like the ones I was in this weekend I find myself needing some serious alone time and space from everything and during that alone time I through myself into something productive, of course that would be the blog.
This morning when I woke up I thought about how much I was missing spring. I miss bright bold prints and light fabric pieces. This Blazer and scarf duo was literally put together put together out me rushing and throwing my clothes around and these to pieces landing near one another. I know it’s a colder season but I don’t see why you still can’t wear bright and bold colors. I f anything I rather wear bright colors in the winter and dark in the hotter seasons, doesn’t make much sense but I dig it. I also wanted to display four cool ways to wear the scarves I stumbled across. I’ve had for years and haven’t worn it since college. Check out each look below and tell me what your favorite is.
Blazer- Thrifted
White Linen top- Forever 21
Jeans- GAP Boyfriend Jeans
Handkerchief Scarf- H&M (got it 7 years ago)
Shoes- Target
Shot by: Alise Curtis (@kreatorstyles IG)
    On the lapel- This look is not one I do often but I thought it had a touch of class and grown up edge.









 Headscarf- This was a look I’ve worn around the house and quick trips to the mall but never with this scarf. Like I said earlier I forgot I even had it but knew instantly this was a look I wanted to do for this look.






    Around the wrist- This is a another obvious way to wear a handkerchief scarf but I over the past couple of months I’ve noticed my favorite fashion blogger Mrs. Leandra Medine of themanrepeller.com wears a scarf around her wrist to add to her trademark “Arm Party”! I thought it was simple and still a bold statement to add to the blazer.





    Around the waist- I know this is so circa 2004 but I thought this was a cool thrifty way to wear the scarf. I’m a “curvy” girl so I happy the scarf could fit all the way around my waist. The look is a bit dated but I found some nostalgia in it.








 
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig