Monday, February 16, 2015

Topshop launch @ Nordstrom Columbia

Heyyyyy ya’ll!!! Of course if you’re on the east coast you’re enduring this frigid, disrespectful, and uncalled for winter weather. This is the type of weather that keeps you in doors for days at a time, like there is no reason to be outside unless you have to get food, or work. I don’t want to rant on to long about the weather, we’re all cold LOL. But this weekend was one that was not only relaxing but eventful. I covered the launch of the first Topshop department in Baltimore, MD at Nordstrom Columbia. I’m a former employee of the Nordstrom Columbia store so I had a very warm and open welcome. The department ran by Alexxis Opachan had a live DJ, make-up artist, and goodies for customers which made it feel like an actual party. The launch had such a live/trendy vibe to it which fit just right with the feel of Topshop. Now for those of you who aren’t familiar with Topshop (history of Topshop here!) it is London based retailer and became a part of the Nordstrom family about 3 years ago. Most of you may have not visited the Topshop store in NY or LA but the stores have a very structured and uniformed look to them. The brand holds a “runway to retail” aesthetic to each collection it produces and after being able to take in all the elements of the brand I can give a true and accurate synopsis to the greater Baltimore area. Here are a few tips I picked up.





Tone of the floor: So like most retailers the Topshop floor at Columbia was separated by casual pieces and dressier pieces. The casual portion of the floor “Scout’s Honor” was one with lots solid ribbed tunics, patterned miniskirts and basic crop tops. Personally I purchased more from this part of the floor just because of how versatile the pieces were. The dressier portion of the floor was “Highline” and was based on more structured pieces like faux pleated skirts, chic gaucho pants and the most amazing neoprene skirt I’ve seen in a while. Now of course the floor will change from month to month if not within the week but it’s a clear guide to help you find what you’re looking for.




Merchandise: So if you’re a regular Nordstrom shopper or just a shopaholic like myself you’ll have an appreciation for the variety the pieces that Topshop offers. It’s like a breath of fresh air form the usually H&M tops and Forever 21 trends. You can count on a cleaner silhouette from Topshop to freshen up your wardrobe.



 Sizing: Ladies I’m urging you to TRY ON EVERYTHING from Topshop. Topshop is a London based retailer so it is European sizing. On the tag it breaks down US sizing from UK sizing but I still urge to have a nice try in session in the fitting room. On average each customer I talked to had to go up a size in each piece they tried.





Quality: And my last tidbit is the quality. My friends Topshop may have the best quality pieces you can find a in a local retailer. Just the feel of each piece I got felt so legit LOL, like I was getting a Charlotte Olympia piece with the price point of Madewell . Nothing is to expensive but if your second guessing anything because of the price think again, it’s worth the “investment”.
I hope this gave you the tips you needed to make your next shopping trip to Nordstrom Columbia’s Topshop department easier!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig