Monday, March 30, 2015

Young never matching

Hello Ladies and Gents! Its a beautiful day here in Baltimore and of course I'm stuck in my office staring at the sunny skies and nice breeze. But nevertheless I'm blessed to have a job I guess. This weekend was a simple yet "filling" one for me. I worked some overtime and hung out with my baby brother on Saturday then went to church and did laundry yesterday. I'm getting ready for a fast that ill be starting on April 1st- April 15th. This is something that has been on my heart for sometime but with my latest trials and tribulations God is telling me its time to re-connect and center myself. During my fast I hope to gain clarity and a sense of direction with my career and personal life. During your mid 20's I feel like we all go through these"what am I doing" woes and need to just relax and reflect once in a while. I also plan to connect with myself and test my discipline. Discipline is not something I've been so good at throughout life and I'm hoping this fast will introduce that in my life. I can honestly say I'm scared shit-less, nervous but overall I'm excited. I'm trying not to set expectations about what to expect but its hard with all the research I've done. Every documentary, book and article I've read people talk about the break-through'S they've had. I'm just hoping to be OK with not eating for 12 hours a day and having a strict no meat, processed or sugary food diet. I'm sure I can do it but the first few days will probably be the hardest but with prayer and alone time I'm going to be successful. Pray for my strength cause I'm going to need it! 

This look is literally one that I threw together. I found these cool almost African print fitted trousers from H&M just last weekend and a night-time boyfriend tee from their pajama section. Of course I paired my fav Saucony track sneakers to add more comfort to the look and my boyfriends GAP denim jacket.  The sweater is one that one of my good friends had for a while and gave to me before she moved. Have a great week and be inspired! 











SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig