Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Happy Anniversary!!!



So a year ago today I started blogging. Now when I started blogging it was just something to do. I mean I always looked at different blogs but never thought to myself that this was something I wanted to pursue. During this time I was a Personal Stylist at Nordstrom and also doing freelance wardrobe styling for some friends. I felt that I needed more of an outlet for my ideas and things I loved and just something to occupy my time. For about a year my boyfriend’s sister kept suggesting that I start a blog and I always would say "yeah that would be cool...maybe" until finally one day I said fuck it. I'm just going to start a blog. I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going with it. I just jumped in and said here goes nothing.

As the months went on I honestly found myself feeling bored with blogging. It didn't excite me, I wasn't eager to post or promote it. I wasn’t committed to it.  I can't recall exactly when but I came to a point late this year and I said ok Jordan what do you want to do? Do you want to pursue styling full time or try your hand at this blogging shit. I don't even remember making a decision but overtime I feel in love with blogging. I don't know what it was but I just started to become very eager and excited about it. I spent soooo much more time researching ways to put myself out there more and become an overall better blogger. I make a point to read at least one type of article or blog post (from any blog) daily and of course I keep up on what's going on in fashion...duh! It may sound like it’s an easy task but working two jobs and staying committed to something so tedious isn't easy.

Blogging has meant so much to me this last year. I've grown in ways I never thought I would get to at this point in my life. At first this was just something to do but now it's becoming my life. I've honestly never known what it felt like to truly be passionate and in love with what I did. I mean granted I've always had a love for fashion and love styling people but blogging took me on a journey. It gave me a platform to express and challenge myself.  I've always been a person who was searching...never knew what it was until J Alex Style came along. I knew I loved blogging the minute I realized I was doing it for myself. I'm not going to lie at first my thought process was, ok how am I going to get people to read this and care about what I have to say?  But now I truly only want the support of individuals who appreciate my views and what I have to say. My perspective and views have grown tremendously and I’ve realized as long I’m staying true to myself and being honest my blog will take me places I never imagined going.  I'm still on this amazing journey and I have soooo much learning to do! I'm amped for everything to come and all of the amazing lessons ahead. I want to thank each and every person that supported me over the past year and I promise to continue to put and devotion and passion into my work.












SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig