Monday, December 8, 2014

Marsala Madness:Pantone Annouces the Color for 2015

Good morning Sunshine’s! I hope you all had a sensational weekend and got to start some holiday shopping and a little bit of partying. I had another long weekend doing the two job shuffle and house sitting for my mother who took a weekend get-a-way. On Friday I was pretty chill. I laid in bed and spent about three hours perusing the internet for news in fashion and ran across some cool info. So if you know me you I’m a huge fan of The Man Repeller . Leandra Medine is the crème de la crème of fashion bloggers but I'll save my long winded admiration for a post I'm working on in January. So any who one of her contributors posted about Pantone (pantone.com) announcing the color for 2015 (drum roll) being Marsala!!! Now I'll be honest I’m familiar with Pantone as a company but I never knew they forecasted colors for the year, what a cool tid bit. It's not surprising that they named Marsala to be the color for 2015 I mean we've been seeing so much of it. You can call it oxblood, bourdeaux or good old burgundy, the point is it's here to stay. I remember when Elie Saab sent that dashing floor length gown down the runway in Paris Fashion Week in 2013 and I thought how rich and elegant the color was. It's just something about a burgundy hue that makes me feel mature LOL. Like it's not red but it's not brown, and when you wear a mono chro (monochromatic) look with it…girlll! It's like wearing all black which is mysterious and sometimes sexy but has the attitude like I'm still approachable. Marsala looks good on just about every complexion and is pretty easy to come by in local retailers. I challenge you all to style yourself in a Marsala piece at least once this season. I promise you it'll be one of your most swank looks.





SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig