Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fav (so far) Pre-Fall 2015 Collections

So I know that New York fashion week is a month away and as I’m on my journey to re-vamp my style I’ve already started perusing Pre-Fall collections to see what is going to be hot this season. Now I’m not going to lie I personally do not know the point of Pre-Fall collections. I mean fall collections are put onto runways in one month so what is the difference in a Pre-Fall collection? Anyway I’m not going to knit pick, I’m grateful for any new collection. I’m a usual visitor to style.com but over the past 2 weeks I’ve had so many treats every day when I logged on. Almost every other day a new collection and review is posted and I’ve been soaking it up as if I was a sponge for all things chic and expensive. I’ve reviewed almost every top labels Pre-Fall collection and decided to narrow down my favs and list them for your consumption. These collections aren’t just my favorites because I would wear, sleep and do all other daily activities in them; I had a true appreciation for the aesthetic and vision of each label was. Feast your eyes on my favorite pre fall 2015 collections, well so far LOL! Enjoy!

Thom Browne
Creative Director: Thom Browne
Of course we all know Thom Browne for his impeccable eye for men’s wear inspired pieces and effortless tailoring this collection was more proof that he does it best. From the finest tweed and oxford shirting to his neutral yet stand out color palette this collection can add just the right amount of masculinity to any woman’s wardrobe. Though most of the looks are of heavy layers and chunky knits they offer a feminine silhouette that may not compliment every woman’s body type but will keep your looks contemporary. Menswear has a heavy presence in a lot of collections this season but Browne does it like no other. My favorite may be the salt & pepper tweed suit over top of the (what appears to be) white knit paired with the red detailed neck tie. The heavily stitched salt & pepper tweed coat layered over top of it is literally the cherry on top. If you need menswear inspo start with Thom Browne.

Carven
Creative Director: TBA (Guillaume Henry last one)
So Carven is one of my fav’s for a number of reasons. The bold stripes and asymmetric cuts give me a clean yet eccentric vibe and the neutral colors keep the tone of the collection clear and cohesive. Titled "A Day in the Office" these pieces are of course suited for the more style driven working woman, not so much the lady working in the MVA with an attitude about life. I personally would wear each piece but in particular I'm bananas about the two toned coat paired with the skirt and boots. I can't imagine how many ways I could wear it. From miniskirts to boy shorts this collection offers the chic sense of wear to work with a splash of eccentric patterns and cuts.
Moschino
Creative director: Jeremey Scott
Now let me be honest. I can't say that I personally would wear any of these pieces just because of my personal style and that not where I'm at right now. Jeremy Scott has executed each collection he's been the head of over the past few seasons and this is just another one to add to the list. The loud and cartoon like sense to the collection is one factor that I always look forward too with Moschino. The collection included some of the bolder prints from funky patterns to iron marks on a black mini dress. Each piece has a sense of cockiness was that cannot be matched. Moschino has a solid vision of animated yet regal style that must be carefully worn. This is type of collection that you have to know when enough is. For instance I wouldn't pair the printed bomber with the gold sequence graphic maxi dress, it’s just overkill.
Alexander Lewis
Creative director: Alexander Lewis
So I'll keep it a stack with you. I wasn't very familiar with Mr. Alexander Lewis until I discovered his latest collection. I was immediately intrigued by his use of colors and shades. The pastel tones mixed with bold primaries gave me the vibe of an ode to the 50's which is my favorite decade in fashion. The skirts had a genius play on pleats and gave a lady like feel. I'm a sucker for mixing textures. The velvet and tweed appeared so vivid and rich and would be the perfect pop of color in any look. So excited to see what is in store for the spring from Mr. Lewis.
VPL
Creative Director: Victoria Bartlett
This collection is one I love for different reasons than others. VPL is one of the only lines that I have seen to do an active collection so far this season.  I was impressed with the design and aesthetic of this one. Victoria described her vision for this collection as great "running around wear". Now how many Saturday's have you ran errands in your favorite yoga pants and sweat shirt when of course you haven't even been near a gym. With this collection it gives you the option to run errands in style. The bright oranges and army greens are a great contrast to each other and the slouchy fit to the tops offers comfort and compliment. These pieces were some of my favorite solely because I see how many other ways you could work them into your current wardrobe. The tops can easily be paired with a boyfriend jean or slouchy jogging pant and a pair of pumps. One of the most transitional collections I've seen thus far.


Preen by Thronton Bregari
Creative director: Justin Thornton & Thea Breagazzi
And last but not least we have Preen. My obsession with Preen stems back to Pre-Fall 2012 (visit style.com to see it!) when the highlight of their collection (to me) was this blood orange, black and nude long sleeved blouse that I just thought was the coolest top I'd ever laid eyes on. From there I always kept my eyes peeled for any movement with their brand. This season’s collection was one filled with bold sequence and lace which could look tacky but was executed in a chic way that I love. With signifying stripes and lamb skin trimming the trench coat was my favorite piece. I'm also a sucker for a cozy knit and paired with that taffeta skirt it's a win/
Hope this holds you guys over till NYFW which is one month away (February 12th-19th)!  Try and find a container for all your excitement. Until next time!

*All pictures courtesy of style.com, visit to view full collections*








SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig