Monday, January 12, 2015

A Great Weekend

Heyyyy ya’ll! It's a gloomy and icy Monday morning and I would've loved nothing more than to stay in my warm comfy bed. But here I am, at work and bored. Any who it's still business as usual and time to be productive. I had a very cool & relaxing weekend. Of course I worked (what's new) but I also got to spend some QT with my boyfriend which was much needed. I happened to be off from both of my jobs this past Friday which is a rarity these days so I wanted to take full advantage of it. I slept in and did a little bit a of research for a post I'll be putting up later this week then had the thought of going to a museum. So from there my boyfriend and I got up and headed downtown to go to the BMA (Baltimore Art Museum). We had to make a stop at my bank and I ended up losing my favorite scarf which is now gone forever (4 ½ years to be exact…ultra sad face) but I quickly realized it was time to let it go, it was almost like my security blanket in a sense. The museum was a nice change from the usual dates we go on. We had a chance to see a lot of Renaissance aged art at the National Gallery of Art in DC so the focus was modern and contemporary art. The thing I wanted to see was the Andy Warhol exhibit. I had been seeing so many pictures of it I had to see it for myself. Now I've been to my fair share of art museums and I have an appreciation for art but I've truly never been deeply moved or intrigued by a piece as I was with this particular Andy Warhol piece (first pic below). I don't know what it was about it. Could have been the size, the symmetry, I don’t know but I literally spent a solid 10 minutes starring at it. Just finding different things to look at. I also got to see a lot of other intriguing pieces by artist I wasn’t too familiar with. It was a cool afternoon and a much needed distraction from my everyday life. So now back to our regularly scheduled program, I’ll see you guys later this week for a list of my fav Pre Fall 2015 collections. Be inspired!














SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig