Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Trends of 2015

Hey everyone! I know it's been a min but I'm back! I'm starting to feel like for the first time in a while I have things in order. I finally got a new car (I named her JorJetta lol). So I'm back in full effect and have sooo many new goal and new content to share. For all of you that may not know today March 20th is the first day of something we have grown so distant from...SPRING! I'm almost certain this is our last does of winter so I'm staying positive and preparing to break out my sandals, skirts and sunglasses. In lieu of this first day of spring I wanted to share my favorite trends for this season! There were so many to choose from but I finally narrowed them down. Now take my picks with a grain of salt. These are trends, I wouldn't advise to go out and purchase a bunch of new pieces only to have them sit in your closet in the next 3 months because you've moved on wide leg denim. Check out my picks below! Enjoy and be inspired!



Gingham is a hit or miss print to me. I can't say I've always been a fan of it but this season it's made a huge comeback. The best way to wear this trend is to do subtle matching sets. Of course you don't want to over-do it but if the color of the gingham is a basic one the look won't look to heavy.


Jumpsuits aren't pieces that I've always been very fond of just because of the way they can make your butt look. But over the past year I've found that they actually flatter my tall frame. I have a couple of different styles of jumpsuits, some I can dress up and down. When you're looking for a jumpsuit try to find one that's loose through the leg and crotch area to give you some options with how you want to wear it.


Polo shirts have defiantly been a staple in American fashion but this season they're making a comeback in all types of styles. Topshop has done then in the cutest cropped style that looks amazing with overalls and skater skirts. My suggestion is wearing them button to the top to give a clean chic look.



The 70’S- So if you know me you the 70’s were a huge inspiration for my personal style in the last couple of years. This season you can see it on almost every runway from Karen Walker to Derek Lam . This trend is an easy one to over-do so make sure you keep it simple. Pairing bell bottom jeans with a simple tank top and chunky hoop earrings is subtle enough to look trendy and simple enough not to look like you’re in your way to your aunts 70's theme 50th b-day party.


Khaki & Military- And last but not least my favorite trend is khaki and military. I decided to put them together just because of how similar they are. The military look is nothing new but the khaki hue is something a bit refreshing. They fact I only own one khaki item is a tad bit strange to me. Of course khaki always makes me think middle school uniforms but these days it can be worn in a pretty chic way. Who knows how long this trend will be around so start with a cool cargo pant or jumper.






SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig