Friday, May 2, 2014

A Love Voyage

Hello Everyone! I would like to introduce, or should I say re-acquaint you with Mr. AL Rogers JR. Al is a performer from Baltimore and a good friend of mine. When I arrived to his performance last Friday at the Decoded event (s/o to beintheloop.com) I was so impressed with Al’s look. Not because of what he had on but his coordination of the look. After knowing Al for the past couple of years I've learned that he has more of an eclectic and “true” style that I myself admire. What I loved most was how unconventional this look was. It wasn’t the practical “rap attire”.  It wasn’t just a pair of white Levis, and a cool ass vest, it was Al. That’s one thing I feel that can separate an artist. Their look. And I don’t mean the superficial image criteria I mean literally expressing your feelings and who you are through clothing. As he started his performance I then realized that this was far from “practical”, it was a Love Voyage. His set was amazing but as I watched him perform I felt that I wasn’t only inspired by his performance but his look. Now to most people the look of an artist isn’t a very big deal but I take the image of an artist more literally than most. I feel that you can learn things about an artist (and people) through what they have on. This performance in particular was extremely cohesive with his look and is one that has stood out in all of his performances I have seen. To say the least Al is an artist who you will get to know and is showing just how vast the music scene in Baltimore is becoming.







SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig