Thursday, May 8, 2014

MET Gala

Hello Beautiful people! So as you all know the famous MET Gala was in NYC this past Monday evening. I know its a little late but I felt like I had to bog about this amazing event.The night was filled with amazing red carpet moments and some questionable moments. This year’s theme was Charles James: Beyond Fashion which consisted of a strict “white tie” dress code for all men including attendees and press. For those of you who are not familiar Charles James is a great Anglo-American couturier that created the most innovative gowns using a mathematical, scientific, sculptural approach to his designs.  Designers today like Zac Posen, Jason Wu and 3.1 Phillip Lim still use his techniques. But enough about the great Charles James (I could go on for hours) let’s get into some of my favorite looks!
Lupita Nyong'o's look was by Prada from head to toe. Usually we're used to seeing Lupita in a stunning bright solid color look. This look was totally unexpected and sort of against the theme. I'll be honest this isn't my favorite look from her. But I commend her effort to step out of her norm.
Rih was dressed in Stella McCartney separates for the formal event. Me personally, I'm not to shocked by any of her looks at this her in career. I feel like she's created her own lane for style and she stays true to that lane. This look is just another one to add to the books!
Of course Bey & Jay were dressed in vintage Givenchy. Givenchy seems to be Bey's go to fashion house for the MET every year. From what I hear they make all of her looks custom.  Kudos to Ty (Bey's stylist).
Kanye and Kim actually looked amazing to me. They were the only couple to actually follow the them and excited it perfectly. Kim was wearing Lanvin and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. Although Kanye's pants looked a bit snug i loved it!
Ms.Sol-Angel. Now if you know me you know Solange is one of my biggest inspirations. I've seen so many people thrash her look but i see the angle she was going for. We're all used to her big bush and funky aesthetic but I love the route she took for this event. I'm feeling her short cut and knee length dress by 3.1 Phillip Lim and when you're designers date, well you wear whatever he wants you to wear.

Oh Mrs.Parker. She wore Oscar De Le Renta and did not disappoint and never does. Im not going to go on and on because she Sarah Jessica Parker. Enough said!



Katie Holmes shocked me in a ruffled mustard yellow Marchesa gown. Ms.Holmes was another patron who actually dressed to theme. Im excited to see her at more events and what else she will be wearing. Go Katie!
Frank Ocean looked quite dapper in a black and white suit. He didn't look to pleased but that could just be general "I don't like people" face LOL!
Rita Ora sported a tulle full Donna Karan gown with custom Casadei gold leather gladiator boots. Her look was very interesting but it was her. Not my favorite from her but I love her!
And last but not least Karolina KurkOVA wore a blue panel floral painted Marchesa gown. She is MY BEST DRESSED and slated this look! I don't know if its the aesthetic of the gown or just her piercing looks. But this is how you go to the MET! Karolina goes down as my favorite look of the night!  






SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig