Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Boulevard of Chic

 
This past SaturdayI had the pleasure of attending the first annual Boulevard of Chic event, a Baltimore fashion truck rally. I got to shop and meet some amazing people. This was my first time attending an event like this and overall I was very impressed. From the organization of the event to the merchandise each truck had to offer.
Honestly when I first heard about this event I thought it was very interesting. A truck rally for boutiques? As I walked the event and met the boutique owners and operators and studied the merchandise I realized that these trucks have a huge presence in future of retail. How convenient would it be if one Saturday night you couldn’t find a thing to wear and couldn’t make it to the mall. One of these boutique trucks could just come to your house and you purchased an outfit right there! In my head I was thinking of all the places these truck could park and just let the women flock to them LOL!
The best part of these trucks is the merchandise. It wasn’t just the regular pieces you see in H&M they were more unique pieces that felt like a better buy. You ever have a feeling those pants you just got everyone else will have them? Well I guarantee you won’t have that problem if you shop from a boutique truck. What I was most impressed with was the merchandising of each truck. It really felt like I was in a mini boutique. Almost all of the trucks had a dressing room in them and all were decorated and had a different creative flair. I went with no intentions of shopping but ended up finding some very different pieces that I cannot wait to wear. The staff of the event was more than helpful and very welcoming. I want to thank Lauren the head coordinator of Boulevard of Chic and of all of her volunteers, the event was such a success and I’m excited for next year! Take a look at the event through my eyes.
*Also there are links below to each boutiques website. Check it out!*

 

 












 
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig