Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cliche New Years Rant

So for all of you who didn’t know today is New Year’s Eve LOL (duh of course you knew)! While you’re making your slideshows on IG I also wanted to take a walk down memory lane. Of course we all look forward to the cliché “fresh start” but this morning I laid in bed and truly reflected on my year. I’ve grown soooooo much this past year. On this day in 2013 I told myself my focus this year was finding myself and becoming comfortable in the woman I am. Much easier said than done LOL. As any other woman in her early 20’s I went through a range of emotions and situations that tested me.  I learned things about myself that I never would have learned had it not been for the struggles I went through this year. I left the only job I’ve known since college to go to a 9-5 office job (still gagging on that one LOL), I became even more passionate about my blog and gotten even closer to my family and friends. This year I also turned the big two five. I thought it would a lot more climactic but none the less it was one of my best birthdays. When I turned 25 it was like my eternal clock woke me up. I started to get serious about all the things I’ve talked about doing and working towards. I got to know myself on a more conscious level. I’ve never felt more aware and awake than I did this year. My friends and I became closer than I had ever imagined. I never knew what true friendship was until I met them. I have never been surrounded by such beautiful, supportive and loving woman. And that in turn taught me a lot about other relationships in my life, from work to home. Most of all I’ve learned how important a foundation is. There is so much I aspire to do in the next year and I wouldn’t be able to do it if I didn’t learn the lessons I learned this year. My blog means more to me now than it ever did. It’s my baby and I’m going to continue to nurture and develop it into something that I can leave behind. So overall my goal was met, I’ve grown as a woman, learning to accept the things I cannot change and be the person I truly am meant to be. It’s n never ending process though so patience is focus this year. J Alex Style has so much planned in 2015. Thank you for supporting me thus far and stick around in the New Year. Be blessed, be inspired.
*Check out my favorite looks and post I've done this year below!*









SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig