Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I Had a Party!

So this past weekend I threw a small house party to celebrate my one year anniversary of running my blog. The night was filled with laughs, lots of food, plenty of drinks and hilarious moments. My day was so hectic but I knew it would end up being a great night. I told everyone the party started at 7ish but of course black folks don't actually start coming to things till its 2 hours into the event LOL, but it all worked out. I was surprised to see some of the people I invited actually come, everyone who was there was supposed to be there. The point of me throwing the party was to celebrate not only my blog but celebrate being young and driven.  One thing I love about my generation is our drive. A lot of young people have ambition these days. Now not everyone is doing what they need to do to get where they want to get but the ones who are super inspiring to me. And that's what was in the room in Saturday. It was a great energy. Of course I gave a drunken speech and I cried like a baby LOL. I have no shame, I'm rather emotional LOL. Overall I'm just thankful for my ambition and thankful for everyone that chilled with me on Saturday.

So about my look. I'm at work about 2 weeks ago and I'm working my regular shift doing the regular things I do. I walk over to the Savvy floor and I spot this feather top on the wall. I LITERALLY did a triple take, yes a triple take. I immediately ran up to the shirt and I was in awe. I couldn't believe how beautiful this blouse was. The feathers just layered each other perfectly and I knew I had to have it. When I saw it I thought of wearing it I had the vision of Chaka Khan and Tina Turner having a girls night at Studio 54, just dancing on tables and owning the night LOL.  My second thought was what shoes am I going to wear. I had already had my eye on these cute snakeskin booties downstairs in the shoe department and I thought of feathers and snakeskin together...whattt?! That's a combo! From there I got on the hunt for a cream mini skirt but literally had no luck and the week before the party I said whatever..I have other things to get done so I decided to wear a taupe mini I've had for some years and it all actually ended up working out. I decided to do very subtle jewelry and of course my huge bush. Personally this is one of my fav looks I've worn this year. Can't wait for my next event so I can dress up again lol!

Top/J.O.A Nordstrom.com
Skirt/H&M
Shoes/BP Nordstrom.com











SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig